Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Labuga


In the meantime, I will take a journey within to determine how I will define myself in front of a situation like this from the point of view of a Garífuna who is now living in Labuga. In so many words this is the way I would like to express my reaction to a website [Black Carib Nation] regarding the Garífuna community in Labuga.

Speaking of my personal journey to determine how I will define myself in front of a situation like this from a Garífuna perspective gave birth to my blog, GarifunaReality, over two years ago.

There is a point between us and everything that we are connected with or to. Labuga is the place of my birth, and it was here that I became aware of my senses. Labuga is also the crib of the soul of our ancestors; you can hear the word Labuga anywhere on our planet. The word Labuga for us is transcendental, it has been handed down from generations to generations and it has kept us [Garinagu] connected to our heritage.

I have approached the person who is responsible for the website, she told me that she is one hundred percent responsible for every “word”, and now that she knows that we are not pleased with some of the information on her website, she agrees to take steps toward correcting the problem. I can erase all doubts from your mind that she knows me very well.

And now the “Word” became flesh, we are now “Labugana.”  I am a Labugana, a Garífuna who will define me by my actions, because every act is an action of self-definition.

Lubara Húya

No comments: