Friday, December 21, 2012

Open Eyes


Part-IV
I am so glad that I got to open my eyes just in time for the thirteenth B’akTun, today is the 21st December 2012, and it is an historic event for us. I would like to share with you my views from the perspectives of a Garifuna who is looking for answers.
I am aware that questions requires answers, therefore what I am hoping to do here is to create a relationship with you. If I am looking for answers, I would like to look with an open mind and open eyes. Since October 4th 2012 I have written a total of eight articles about how I see things through the eyes of a Garifuna.
This one is about coming to terms with the person in the mirror, because I have been looking forward to this day. I wanted to have the freedom to say, that today is also my Garifuna B’akTun.
Those of us that were born in the sixties and before are the result of an era that brought with it a lot of questions. A question is like when you are hungry or thirsty. Answers are like food and water.
Au- le
Lúbara Huya

No comments: