Saturday, December 20, 2014

SÁWARAWARA

Sat. 20/12/14- It is 4:07 in the morning and just got through verifying a message that was revealed to us this morning, it was 3:04 when I took a look at the “time.” Sáwarawara in the Garifuna language is sea gull.

I was able to find the word sáwarawara in Lila Garifuna1 by Nibu Salvador Suazo. Lila Garifuna is a work of art, according to Nibu Suazo; it has taken more than thirty years to complete the piece of art. I came across the word sáwarawara on page 690.

Before we continue we should always remind ourselves that first and foremost is to give thanks and praise to the Most High and Our Ancestor for their interventions in our affairs. On this note we would like to continue sharing with you events that are unfolding in front of our eyes.

We would like to invite you to this point by sharing a message that some of you have read before “Mon. 19/5/14- It is 5:32 in the morning and for some reason I have been thinking about an “image” I saw yesterday on my way to Gangadiwali. It was a seagull on the shores of Amatique Bay but it could not fly anymore. I was on my way to Gangadiwali because that was where I wanted to be. My reaction when I saw the seagull was to fix the problem so the seagull could fly again.

Something about an “image” like this reached a profound feeling of helplessness at level of my soul. I was able to shade a tear or two over the death of a brother who was assassinated in a Garifuna community of Honduras on the 16th May 2014. In this case, I would like to share a few words we selected for a prayer: “Once again we call upon the Most High and Our Ancestors to allow for destiny and fate to take its course but to give us his blessings to choose the right direction. Seremein.”

It has been seven months since then; from May 19 – December 19 2014; however the past three days has been like a resurrection. Bro Julio and his family has been our guest in Labuga for the past three days. However it has been the message that they are sharing with us that has caught my attention. They are spreading the message that we are the Ancestors of tomorrow.

The 18th December 2014 will remain in our psyche for as long; as long as the sáwarawara can fly.

Au-Le
Lúbara Huya


1 Suazo, Salvador. Lila Garifuna: Diccionario garífuna-garífuna español. Tegucigalpa, M.D.C., Honduras: Litografía López. 2011.

No comments: