Friday, February 26, 2010

Who is suffering the consequence?

Today my son Imenigi is a few weeks from sixth birthday, yesterday when he came in from school, he said to me that he had his first tooth pulled and he gave it to me to save it for him. The tooth thing draws my attention for many reasons, for the most part, the biological changes that are beginning to take place. On the other hand, an “educational institution” is going to be my son’s other home, “his school”, a place where some of us also have lost our first tooth.

Today, is the dawn of a new day, today is another opportunity for us to take a serious look at the condition of the educational system that our children are exposed to, each and everyone one of us can draw our own conclusion as to who is suffering the consequence.


I would like to get back to the issue at hand, is there such a thing called “Garifuna Reality”? As a Garifuna Teacher, It is important for me to acknowledge that a True Teacher is not the one with the most knowledge, but one who causes the most others to have knowledge.

I would like the reader to feel free and tell me what is on your mind!!

Au-le

Lubara Huya.

No comments: