Monday, December 20, 2010

Thinking Aloud

If you take a close look at the way things are in our community today, it is easy to understand why we have made it virtually impossible for people to become leaders in our present day and time. We have placed ourselves  in a trap of our own devise.

We live in a community that rushes to judge anyone who receives a reward or tribute, that should only go to someone who is perfect. Today we live in a community where the parents demand perfection from their imperfect children. We live in a community where we demand perfections from the teachers who do not know the difference between themselves and their students.

I am aware that it looks like I am playing the devil’s advocate with a way of  “thinking”  like this, however I would like the reader to know that I am dealing with this from a horizontal perspective; this is like talking to your face. I have been waiting for this moment; the time is here for us to address the concept of “leadership” in the Garifuna Communities.

“Leadership” is the concept that caught my attention today, now that the year two thousand ten is almost over we need to think about a Garifuna Agenda for the year 2011.  I am talking about an agenda that is related with collective consciousness. Group consciousness is not widely understood yet it is extremely powerful and can, if you are careful, often overcome individual consciousness.

It is almost seven months since I wrote “ARE YOU CHOSEN”; please take a look at the copy:


It is Sunday May 23rd 2010, after analyzing the message in the previous paragraph; I realized that it has been two weeks since I had one of the most revealing experience of my life. It began with an invitation from Fermin Arzú to participate in a spiritual reunion at the Garifuna Temple here in Labuga, about an hour or so from the main town. I was honored to be in the presence of some Garifuna Brothers that are searching for answers to some of the oldest questions ever asked by mankind. 

It was a privilege in my case to have been in the company of brothers that were aware of their mission. I was in the presence of Garifuna Brothers who are destined for greatness. I would like to emphasize with clarity that what I am sharing with you here is my observation through the eyes of a Garifuna. 

 As I can see by looking around me, much work is left to be done, unless of course, I am satisfied with what is going on. Just a few weeks ago, I was reading a manuscript that I wrote over four years ago, that says in so many words “Thirty five years might sound like a lot for the generation of the twenty first century, because for the most part we are living on the fast lane. However this is what I have learned over the years. I cannot change the fact that I am a Garifuna therefore I will embrace it.
You see, I was first exposed to formal education in Dangriga, Belize at Scared Hearth School in 1969, years later, in 2005; I met Roy Cayetano, Augustine Flores and Andy Palacio, at a workshop with UNESCO here in Labuga, therefore; here I am almost forty years later, writing about Garifuna Brothers that are on a mission towards greatness, when most people (Garinagu) today are satisfied with a world in which difference, not similarities are honored, and disagreements are settled by conflict.
Today most people are satisfied with a world in which survival is for the fittest, might is right, competition is required, and winning is called the highest good. Today most people define “wrong” as that which is different from them. Religious differences, in particular are not tolerated, nor are many social, economic, or cultural differences.
If you are looking at what is going on today in the world, and  have taken time to do some self-searching , but for some reason beyond your understanding , a powerful energy tells you, that what is going on, is against your nature,  at this point  a conversation with God has begun .
This can happen with any person on the planet, therefore I am saying it can happen to you, however; it can go beyond the individual, it can happen to “a group”. Group consciousness is something that is not widely understood- yet it is extremely powerful and can, if you are careful, often overcome individual consciousness.
I first saw Roy Cayetano in Los Angeles in 1992 at a Garifuna workshop; Fermin Arzú and Bencho were also there. If I am not mistaking, it will be twenty years this July since this connection came together. I was also able to connect with Jerris Valentine who was my Vice Principal at Sacred Heart School in the late sixties during another workshop here at the Garifuna Temple in March of this year. Now that I am taking a good look, I can share with you some of the details about how my conversation with God is going. But before I do, I think it is important for me, to let you know, that I am the only one responsible for anything that you may not agree with. I do not impose my Believes on anyone, not even my own children. It is also important to let you know, that I am not alone, it would be impossible without you, because I do believe that we are all one, now if you do not understand this, you have all the right to stop and put everything away. 
If you have come this far, here is a message he is sharing with us: “Who you are, is a being of higher consciousness than you are now exhibiting. Because it is his will (GOD’S) that you should know, and experience, who we all are, God allow you to draw to yourself whatever event or experience you choose to create in order to do that. Other Players in the Universal Game join you from time to time- either as brief encounters, peripheral participants, temporary teammates, long term inter-actors, relatives, family, dearly loves ones or life path partners.
These souls are drawn to you by you. You are drawn to them by them. It is a mutually creative experience expressing the choice and desires of both. No one comes to you by accident. There is no such thing as coincidence. Nothing occurs at random. Life is not a product of chance.
Events, like people, are drawn to you, by you for your own purposes. Larger planetary experience and developments are the result of group consciousness. They are drawn to your group as a whole as a result of the choices and desires of the group as a whole.
If you are in a group whose consciousness does not “Reflect” your own, and you are unable at this time to effectively alter the group consciousness, it is wise to leave the group, or the group could lead you. It will go where it wants to go, regardless of where you want to go.
To be continued!!
Au-le
Lubara Huya.

No comments: