Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Are You Chosen? (Part 2)

The 23rd of this month will be a year since I wrote "Are You Chosen?" According to the information on my blog, this particular article calls for attention from a wide perspective. It has more or less a thousand words, however with your permission I would like to share some more with you.

Nowadays I wake up in the morning and I ask myself this particular question: Why am I here today? If you understand where I am coming from, then it won’t bother you if you ask yourself the same question.

The actual president of the Republic of Guatemala and a few members of his Cabinet are scheduled to be in Labuga on Wednesday, May 11 to visit the Garífuna community. An agreement was reached to discuss the basic demands for the Garífuna communities in Guatemala.

Not too long ago, I became aware of the oral traditional history of this parcel of land called by the Garinagu of Labuga  Milinda which could mean “my beauty”.  It is where you can find one of the first Garífuna temples in the Garífuna communities of Guatemala, Honduras and Belize.

According to the President’s agenda he will bring along someone that will sit at the table with representatives of the Garífuna people to discuss issues like land rights for the Garífuna people and land invasions by other groups on Garífuna-owned lands.

To be continued...
Au le
Lubara Huya  

No comments: