Monday, September 19, 2011

Point of Contact

Here is a quote from one of Martin Luther King, Jr. speech, Freedom Road:
“Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or the darkness of destructive selfishness.”
Yesterday, I had one of the most revealing experiences at Gangadiwali. I became aware that what I have been looking for is an understanding.  The understanding that I am talking about is the understanding of thy self. It is a point of contact that can begin the joining of the past, present and future.

It is obvious that am talking about three major points, it is also relative to form your own triangle, and even go as far as saying, “the triangle of my life.”  You have a choice in this.  Like Martin Luther King Jr. would say, “Every man must decide whether he will walk in the light of creative altruism or the darkness of destructive selfishness.”

Today is September 19, 2011, and today could mark a point of contact for the Garífuna community here in Labuga. The concept, point of contact, came to mind because many of us today are still searching or still having a difficult time to choose between the roads ahead.

My point is the roads have always been there, they are here today, and they will be there tomorrow. I will be fifty years old next week and it has taken me this much time to come to this understanding: Every action is an action of self-definition.

Au-le
Lubara Huya      

No comments: