Monday, September 12, 2011

Laruga Weyu (The After)

As a Garífuna the crowing of a rooster means a lot to me, for example when I hear a rooster crow, it means the beginning of a new day. Yesterday, September 11, 2011, was Election Day in Guatemala and Labuga was in the mix.  “Mix” in the sense that there were two Garífuna candidates in the contention.

I went to bed early last night and for some reason I was not anxious about what was going on with the outcome or results of the election. Therefore what comes next is something that I am becoming and I hope that I can share with you through the eyes of a Garífuna who has been searching to find himself.  In this particular type of search, you will find messages that gives you a sign that everything will be alright because here is one of the messages that Martin Luther King Jr. has for us:

All I'm saying is simply this, that all life is interrelated, that somehow we're caught in an inescapable network of mutuality tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly affects all indirectly. For some strange reason, I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality.

Speaking of the rooster crowing and combine that with Garífuna Reality, gives us the experience that Martin Luther King is crowing about. I would like for us to take this opportunity to take a ride to the profound depth of what you see yourself doing for the next election here in Labuga.

Au-Le
Lubara Huya  

No comments: