Saturday, December 8, 2012

Open Eyes


Part II

Today is Saturday, December 8, 2012. I am getting ready for the day and while I was replaying some of the events from yesterday at the eighteenth assembly of CABO [Central American Black Organization] in Labuga, Guatemala, something caught my attention that I would like to share with you on this particular journey we call life.

In my previous article I mention the concept of the “eye of the mind”, the “I” of the mind, is about the person in the mirror. You see, destiny combine with fate has made Labuga the crib of a culture that I am falling in love with. I am falling in love with who I am today in relation to a time in the past. I think we are on the verge to see the person we are today, in relationship to the future.

Let’s take for example the present, in this case I am talking about today, we hope to cover subjects regarding where would we like to see our communities ten years now. The “I” of my mind is showing me something special this morning. 

When I heard my big brother Roy Cayetano spoke about his farm for the first time at a workshop in Labuga September 21st 2005, something was conceived.  I remember the first time he brought some seeds for us from Dangriga.

The word “seed” caught my attention this morning; however I would like to conjugate with words like “seeds of development”.  A farmer understands the value of a seed. If you take care of the seed, in the future it will return full fold.

Au le
Lúbara Huya               

No comments: