Saturday, December 7, 2013

Inside Look

To look inside has not been easy for me; be that as it may, my journey is a wonderful experience. I am learning about the person I would like to become and I am aware that time plays a vital and pivotal role in this process. 

Lately I have been listening to a CD by Kenny G; a year ago. It is one of my favorites because it allows me to look back. Looking back from my point of view allows a person like me to take a look inside.

It has been a while since we celebrated Garífuna Day here in Labuga, and for the most part everything is back to normal, as a matter of fact I can now look back by watching cable television. In this case, I can look at a history of Garífuna Day in Labuga for the past two decades on cable television. Something like this creates an “image”; it is an image in creation. 

I was able to quote Dick Gregory speech from 1963 in an article I wrote three years ago on the 29th November 2010. I was able to put a little twist on it, I said that one of the greatest problems of the Garinagu in America today is, we have never been able to control our image.

We were in the capital at the presidential palace on the 4th December 2013 for a meeting that began at 3:03 in the evening and for the most part things are back to normal, they keep telling us the same thing for over a decade, from my point of view that is creating an image of how the Guatemalan government is treating the Garífuna Nation in Guatemala.

On the 6th September 2013 in an article I wrote, I expressed my feeling about when the actual President Otto Pérez Molina asked on national television about how the Garífuna People feels about the cabinet that is in the making, supposedly to attend the needs of the indigenous of the country.

In the article already mentioned, I wrote about the sacrifice people like Mr. Nelson Mandela and Mr. Martin Luther King did on behalf of the common good for their people. In this case, Mr. President Otto Molina Pérez you are creating an “image” of your government in the presence of the Garífuna People and their Ancestors.

The Garífuna Culture has a relationship with the physical and the Spiritual, which is a relationship that may be unfamiliar to other cultures. I am beyond convinced that they are not pleased with the way you are treating their descendants or their off springs.

To be continued:
Au- Le

Lúbara Huya.

No comments: