Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Day Dreaming

Given the idea that we live one third of our life sleeping, where dreams can takes place, I happen to think that daydreaming is not a bad idea after all.  I once thought that the idea of daydreaming was about someone who wass not aware of their reality. A day dreamer for me in relation to the past was somebody who did not know what was going on. It relates to someone who was living a reality that is out of this world.
Sleeping in Gangadiwali for the first time on the 20th January 2012, is something that has kept me daydreaming. Daydreaming in my opinion is something mystical, mystical in the sense that it is an experience that is difficult to describe with words.  In this case, it won’t stop me from trying, what I am trying to do, is to find common words to share with you.
It is now two years since we started this journey, because Garífuna Reality was first posted on the 21st February 2010.  I am using the plural pronoun “we” because I am never alone, I give thanks and praise to the Most High and the Áhari for their intervention in our affairs, we thank them for always being there.
The idea of speaking of something that is there and yet we cannot prove it, is something that comes from someone who could be a day dreamer. Since that first night in Gangadiwali, and the next morning, I have managed to turn things around, I now dream with my eyes open. I have been asking myself this question for the past twenty one years. What will I do now?
I would like to go out on a limb a say this: “Day dreaming is about a change of mind,” so many of us [Garínagu] have been trained to dream at night with our eyes closed. I believe that if we change the way we think about something, we can turn things from a nightmare to a wonderful reality and may be a Garífuna Reality.  
Au le
Lúbara Huya

No comments: