Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Process

I was able to get a copy of the television program that the President of Guatemala, Otto Pérez Molina, had on national television on Tuesday, 13th August 2013 regarding the Indigenous People of Guatemala. The question the President asked the Garífuna representative Carlos Caballeros was; “can you tell me about the feelings of the Garífuna people? In this case, if the president were to ask me the same question I would like to put it this way:

I had the chance to watch a movie on the life of Nelson Mandela not long ago. In one of the scene, Mandela was saying that he was overpaid and would like to donate one third of his salary for the cause of his people.

I would like to think that the President of Guatemala can make a difference in the lives of the Garífuna people in this country.  We would like to know...

What will your government sacrifice for the betterment of the Garífuna People in Guatemala?

Au-Le
Lúbara Huya    

No comments: