Sunday, March 30, 2014

Conflict vs. Harmony

Sun. 30/3/14- It was 3:44 in the morning when I took my first look at an “image” of a photo I took in San Juan Honduras on November 7th 2013; I remember this particular image so well because Brother Roy had asked me to share a copy with him. However when I came across the “words” that were written on the monument this morning, I wish I had read more about the lives  of these brothers, it would have given me a better point of view of what took place over seventy seven years ago.


This goes to show that our great grandchildren could be reading about what is going on today seventy seven years from now. I was able to read an article from a newspaper in the United States on the Garífuna link about reparations for the indigenous of the Caribbean. The information I read convinced me that the spirit of our struggle as Garínagu is still alive however from my point of view, divide and conquer is a weapon we have allowed the great grandchildren of the colonizers to use it against us. If we are not careful, it can be the legacy that you and I can leave behind.

In this case, the divide and conquer theory has brought us this far, however here is a thought that I would like to share with you, “Today I am aware that the concept of duality is universal. Where there is “conflict” we can also find “harmony”.

Before our trip to Tela Honduras in November of last year, I gave my “word” that it was about a relationship between the physical and the spiritual. I am also aware that there is a conflict between my flesh and spirit and this for me is not anything new.

On the other hand I am convinced that there is a new challenge for the Garífuna Nation of today. Where there is conflict, we can also find harmony is more like a proposal. A proposal will provide us with an “option” or in so many “words” the decision is in your hands.


Au-le
Lúbara Huya 

No comments: