Friday, April 11, 2014

Duality, Part II

Sat.5/4/14- It is 5:05 in the morning and I’m trying to capture the moment when I was given the microphone to speak at the opening of an event that took place in Puerto Barrios, Guatemala yesterday. It was exactly five months since I mention the experience I had in Tela Honduras on the 4th November 2013. In this case I would like to recommend for you to read Time and Place which was posted on my blog on the 12th November 2013.

Be that as it may, my most recent article Duality is a continuation which I would like to share with you also because the experience I had at Gotay’s Place on the 3rd November 2014 near the banks of the Chewecha River is a moment I would like to capture here.

Brother Roy’s role was fundamental for my peace of mind at Gotay’s Place. There is no doubt in my mind that I was not the only one willing to continue with the struggle against the great-grandchildren of the colonizers. However I am not willing to continue with brothers and sisters that hide behind masks.

The workshop in Puerto Barrios yesterday convinced me that there is a duality in every aspect of life. In this case, the experience I had in Puerto Barrios yesterday was a decisive moment for me based on an observation by someone I have grown to respect, at this moment I will not reveal my source, however I am willing to go out on a limb to say this “from my point of view, she is giving us her honest opinion; my understanding is; she is sharing with us. I was able to put some of the moments I had in Puerto Barrios under neat my pillow last night because I wanted to organize my thoughts before anything. I once said that there will come a time when a man has to take a stand by what he says.

The experience I had in Puerto Barrios Guatemala yesterday, five months later; after the workshop we had in Honduras last year; allowed me to take a closer look at what is going on from the inside. I am using the term inside because I have always been open about my inside journey. Therefore what I am writing about is a personal experience in three specific areas. The one I am focusing on here is about my feelings regarding our political process in Guatemala. I have been a part of a Political process in Labuga for the past ten years. It was obvious to me that “we the Garífuna people of Guatemala” are on board a ship that has lost its sense of direction. I was not sure about what my role was when I got on board on the 12th April 2004. To be realistic I cannot predict where I will be on the 12th April 2014. Be that as it may, April 12th 1797 should be a day never to be forgotten.

Au-le

Lúbara Huya     

No comments: